- .. Adrian Harold Chadd.
- .. 22 years old.
- .. living in San Jose, California
- .. studied Linguistics and Psychology at The University of Western Australia.
- .. running a small support, development and hosting company - Xenion Pty Ltd.
- .. working at Qualcomm Atheros, San Jose, California
- .. working on my Squid fork, Lusca and my little open source CDN, Cacheboy.
- .. interested in natural language processing; genetic/evolutionary algorithms; expert systems; human learning; language development. All kinds of stuff like that.
- .. an closet ameteur pianist.
I have ..
- .. worked on various open-source software projects including Squid, FreeBSD, Hybrid-IRC server.
- .. lived and worked in Amsterdam for a few years (late 1998 to late 2001).
- .. travelled throughout Australia, Europe and North America for both work and play.
- .. built small internet access networks; built very large internet content delivery and
internet access networks.
- .. met all kinds of interesting people; some of who inspired me to do interesting things
(and, in one case, died suddenly. RIP Abha.)
- .. given a few talks on Squid in a few places around the world.
I'd like to ..
- .. move somewhere! I like Perth but I need a fresh start.
- .. finish my degree and do a little more research into linguistics and human learning.
- .. build a few more distributed, fault tolerant systems and write a paper or two on them.
- .. work out the performance kinks in Squid/Lusca and bring it further into the 21st century.